How Our Trunk Shows Work
What is a Trunk Show?
- A trunk show is an event, over a limited time, for brides to view the entire Hermione de Paula Collection, often before it launches in store, including some exclusive one-off pieces and our signature styles from the archive – so make sure you send us any specific requests in advance.
- It is a unique opportunity for brides to meet Hermione in person and try the gowns and accessories. Brides who purchase over the Trunk Show receive a celebratory 10% discount and the option of having a complimentary personal message embroidered on your gown – such as the date of your wedding, or the initials of you & your partner (worth £450/$600).
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!
When & Where Are They Held?
- The Hermione de Paula trunk show schedule is year long and International. We often hold Trunk Shows in partnership with boutiques, but sometimes independently. If you’re a boutique interested in hosting a trunk show, please get in touch email@example.com
- Hermione and the team are regularly in the US – every 3-4 months. This allows brides and the team to refine ideas over a couple of appointments in the same way our design process is held at our London atelier.
Trunk Show Duration
- Trunk Shows typically last 3-10 days, are by appointment only and book up fast, so we advise confirming your slot early to avoid disappointment.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Expect
- We only offer discounts on our collections at Trunk Shows, so if you’re considering a Hermione de Paula gown, it’s the perfect opportunity!
- Trunk Shows often preview the newest collection before it’s available in store. If there is a particular style you’re interested in, please contact us and we will make it happen. Our samples vary in size from UK 6/US 2 – UK 16/US 12.
- Within your appointment we will try on lots of gowns and explore different artworks, colours, and silhouettes. We will take lots of photos within your appointment which we will share with you at the end. This will allow you to review your favourite pieces.
- Complimentary organic prosecco is also offered at all Trunk Show appointments.
- We can take measurements of brides and bridal parties while we are with them at a Trunk Show. If they are not ready to do this, we are able to take measurements virtually with our Atelier team in London.
- Hermione de Paula gowns are made to order and offer extensive custom options, each gown takes on average approximately 6 months to embroider. It can sometimes be possible to have more team working on your gown to deliver it earlier, and rush fees will apply.
- If you are looking for a Couture style we need a minimum of 8 months, so please keep this in mind and give us enough time to design and weave your dreams.
Pret-a-Porter Trunk Show Pieces
- We will also have an exclusive selection of limited edition Pret-a-Porter gowns & veils available to buy on the day, for brides with a short lead time! We have a trusted seamstress in New York for alterations so you can take your gown away with you on the day, or we can take your gown back to our London atelier to customise the style and add in any personal messages, and ship following this.
What to Bring
- We recommend well fitted, seamless, nude-coloured undergarments. We will provide nipple stickers and slip skirts.
- We suggest you bring your own shoes, in the heel height you intend to wear on your wedding day. We will have shoes for those brides without too!
- We welcome guests, however the short duration of trunk shows means it’s sometimes not possible to facilitate second appointments if we are fully booked, so make sure you bring those who you’d like to see ‘the one’, to your fitting.
What Happens After my Trunk Show Appointment?
- Depending on your timeline, we will ideally see you for two Trunk Show appointments. Your first appointment is pure joy, and will allow you to grow a better vision for your gown design. After the appointment, you will have time to reflect on the images we have taken. We can arrange a virtual follow up with you to discuss your ideas and share further imagery with you based on your initial design.
- We can then advise on our schedule, and book in a second appointment for the following Trunk Show. This would consist of refining ideas down, and allow us to bring any relevant swatches and references for you to view in person. We can help visualise and confirm the final design and start weaving your dreams!
- We will be in touch following your appointment with a provisional quote for your favourite piece. If you have further design questions, we will ask you to arrange a virtual consultation discuss further.
- If you are happy with the design and pricing, we will ask for a 50% deposit. At this point we will take your measurements with you virtually (if not taken at your Trunk Show appointment). We can help advise on underwear to suit your gown silhouette.
- We will create your gown in a UK set size of which we can help advise on when we take measurements. Alternatively, we can explore our made to measure program.
- We will then create an Order Confirmation. This will outline the silhouette of your gown, and you will be able to see the colour and artwork details of your gown. We will ask you to digitally sign this before beginning the embroidery process.
- We require full payment of your gown 3 months before the wedding.
- We do ship internationally. Duty and custom fees are estimated at 20% of the totally value of the gown.
- Once your gown has finished the embroidery process, we will send you images and help advise on shipment. Alternatively, you may come to London for your final fittings (alterations are an additional service).